Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Valerie June
Spring of 2011 I follow Ms. Valerie June for four months for my Sequence of a Story class. She is a Indie Folk Bluegrass singer from Tennessee. The way she describes her music is Organic Moonshine Root. I was so interested in following her because A) her music is so beautiful & B) who else is an African American Folk Bluegrass musician? I was so nervous the first time having to meet and ask her can I follow her for a semester. Even doe I have met and talk to her a lot while she was working at Maggie Phrams and Java Cabana. She always knew what incense I wanted to purchase. While following her I gain to know her a little. She has this unique, bright, beautiful personality, and a very decade to what she wants to do with her music. I receive a good grade for my assignment but if I can do it all over again, I would only if she lets me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment